Skill Share- Community hands - on art making event Project Stations TBD: Alfred Foundations CoLab: skill share Terra Cotta Flower pots with Karen Tufty and Caitlin Brown March 21, 5-8pm 55 N Main Street, Alfred Cohen Gallery
Open Studio 5552 East Valley Road Alfred Station, NY Harriet Bellows: Surfaces, Clay, Paint and Paper harrietbellows.com
ART WALK VENUES 1. ALFRED CERAMIC ART MUSEUM Kilns of Alfred: Transactions with Fire on view through July 28, 2019 Alfred University
2. SCHOLES LIBRARY Scholes Library Project Space: The School of Art and Design’s Foundation CoLab classes ask questions and seek answers on a variety of topics through audio interviews, videos, and zines.
Scholes Library Special Collections Sketches from the FuseLab Foundations students Albers Project Joseph Albers was a Bauhaus master of color. The FuseLab Foundations’ students used plates from his Interaction of Color in Special Collections to begin to understand how a color shifts based on the other colors it interacts with. Using Albers’ compositions, students made two versions: one where the two colors in the middle of a ground are the same but look different and another where the colors are different but look the same. These are their sketches, tests, and notes, which led to some incredible interactions of color.
Scholes Library Display case 2nd Floor J/K Karen Donnellan and John Hogan an ongoing collaboration Polychromasia Series cast, cut, and polished glass, 2013 Curios Series, cut, polished and laminated glass, 2013
Scholes Library Commons display case's Ancient and Medieval Art from the collection of Donald Royce-Rolls an exhibition of "loose change" 2000-year-old portraits and logos ancient Roman coinage, along with "Marginal" book art, 12 detached manuscript folios. Items are displayed without labels as a visual study for students in Dr. Royce-Rolls classes. Labels will be created by the students and added to the display cases in May. Alfred University
3. ROBERT C. TURNER GALLERY Whatever it is, It’s ALIVE and DEADLY: Aidan Kaplan Wright March 8 – 31, 2019 The Tools Don't Work but We Do: curated by Tuner Gallery Interns March 21- 31, 2019 Receptions: March 21, 5-8pm 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
4. FOSDICK-NELSON GALLERY In Good Company: Alfred Foundations Gallery Talk, March 21, 12:15pm On view through April 3, 2019 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
6. CRITICAL CINEMA Louise Bourgeois: The Spider, The Mistress and the Tangerine 7-9pm Holmes Auditorium 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
7. COHEN CENTER GALLERY Community Hands-on art making - skill share events March 21, 5-8pm 55 N Main Street, Alfred
8. GALLERY 2 Gifts of Distinction Over 30 Local Artisans Something for Every Occasion 43 N Main Street, Alfred
10. THE ROSEBUSH Do you get hungry on your Art Walk? Enjoy 10% off your meal 11 North Main Street, Alfred
11. Alfred Box of Books Library Stained Glass projects by Second Tuesday class Inspired by Louis Tiffany *Make your own. Materials supplied Open from 4-6pm 1 W University Street, Alfred
12. Alfred Art Park Glenn Zweygardt, Coral Penelope Lambert, Jeremy Entwistle, J. Fischer, Hannah Hones, Calvin Hubbard, Lucas Jankovsky 3 N Main Street, Alfred
13. THE ROGUE CARROT Everything you need: quality food, plus art and artisans 14 ½ W University Street, Alfred 14. HERRICK MEMORIAL LIBRARY eclectic mix of 2D and 3D art of students, faculty and alumni Alfred University
15. HINKLE LIBRARY GALLERY Architectural Students: 5thYear Senior Work On view through March 29 Alfred State College
16. BRET LLEWELLYN GALLERY Projects! Projects! Senior Design Studio On view through April 5, 2019 Digital Media and Animation Engineering Technology Building 3rd floor, Room 312 Alfred State College How do I get here?
Alfred Station, NY
18. YARN OVER yarn, notions, knitted items and a welcoming atmosphere 569 NY-244, Alfred Station, NY