THE ROSEBUSH DO YOU GET HUNGRY ON YOUR ART WALK? ENJOY 10% OFF YOUR MEAL 11 NORTH MAIN STREET, ALFRED
Walking Art/Art Walk November 15, 5-8pm Junior Glass and Light Class: Bauhaus inspired Wearable Neon Traveling art exhibit can be seen throughout all art walk venues #alfredneon #alfredsculpture #wearableart
1. ALFRED CERAMIC ART MUSEUM Reclaiming Splendor: Ceramic Design by Chunmao Huang Featuring the First Lady of China’s Banquet Ware September 20 – December 30, 2018 Alfred University *Special event: Night at the Museum An evening of creative engagement with the objects currently on view! Short Workshops and creative writing exercises to reimagine works in the Museum. Find new meaning for the objects beyond the historical and critical. Come with a sharp pencil and an empty stomach! Museum Seminar Room Free pizza! Sponsored by the Art History Club and the Writing Center
2. SCHOLES LIBRARY The Scholes Project Room: Linda Sormin and Jonathan Hopp Sormin and Hopp are using their sketches and works to develop a dialogue within the space of the project room. The two Ceramic Arts faculty members will be coming in occasionally to add work and change the display, with no verbal discussion or outside agreement between the two as to a working definition of the exhibit. As the dialogue evolves, the room will continually change to reflect the current place in the conversation.
Scholes Library Display Cases Modern Scribes Using Medieval Techniques Curated and created by students’ in Kate Dimitrova’s Medieval Manuscripts class November 1 – 30, 2018 Alfred University
3. ROBERT C. TURNER GALLERY Clay Collective 8th Annual Auction and Show Opening Reception November 15, 7-9pm 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
4. FOSDICK-NELSON GALLERY Artists As Innovators: A Two Part Exhibition: Part 2 Celebrating Three Decades of NYSCA/NYFA Fellowships November 2, - December 4, 2018 Elia Alba, Ross Bleckner, Wendell Castle, Chitra Ganesh, The Guerrilla Girls, Barbara Kruger, Christian Marclay, Lori Nix, and Shinique Smith 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
5. Critical Cinema, Holmes Auditorium Invitational: open to all media makers, musicians and performers November 15: Upload work beginning at 6pm: screening at 7pm 3rd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
6. MOKA JOKA Selection of 2 and 3 dimensional works 2nd flr Harder Hall, Alfred University
7. COHEN CENTER GALLERY Ikebana Ziggurat: Kathleen McShane and Ellen Bahr November 2 – December 7, 2018 Featuring Alfred alumni, professors and friends including Patrick Brennan, Jonathan Faber, Charles Goldman, John Hosford, Whitney Hubbs, Paul Kotula, Mary Lum, Lydia McCarthy, Stephanie McMahon, Ted Morgan, Sally Ross, Jennifer Niederhauser-Schlup and Linda Sormin 55 N Main Street, Alfred
8. GALLERY 2 Gifts of Distinction Over 30 Local Artisans Something for Every Occasion 43 N Main Street, Alfred
11. ALFRED ART PARK Professor Emeritus Glenn Zweygardt, Professor Coral Penelope Lambert, Jeremy Entwistle, Jackie Fischer, Hannah Hones, and Calvin Hubbard, Lucas Jankovsky 3 N Main Street, Alfred
12. THE ROGUE CARROT Everything you need plus art and artisans 14 ½ W University Street, Alfred
13. HERRICK MEMORIAL LIBRARY Eclectic mix of two- and three-dimensional art of students, faculty and alumni Alfred University
14. HINKLE LIBRARY GALLERY Input Output: Experimental Typography from the Alfred State Typography Lab Alfred State College
15. BRET LLEWELLYN GALLERY Volume 11 of the 17 Days Video Series curated by Adriane Little November 15, 9am – 8pm Featuring 17 videos by 17 artists over 17 days. Digital Media and Animation Engineering Technology Building 3rd floor, Room 312 Alfred State College How do I get there?
Bret Llewellyn Gallery is exhibiting the 17 Days Video Series (Vol. 11) curated by Adriane Little of Gwen Frostic School of Art at Western Michigan University (where the series is also playing). We will be showing the entire series on a loop for the art walk from 9AM through 8PM.
16. BAKER’S BRIDGE ANTIQUES 598 NY-244, Alfred Station, NY 17. YARN OVER Yarn Over is the new kid on the block providing yarn, notions, knitted items, and a welcoming atmosphere to all! 569 NY-244, Alfred Station, NY