THE ROSEBUSH DO YOU GET HUNGRY ON YOUR ART WALK? ENJOY 10% OFF YOUR MEAL 11 NORTH MAIN STREET, ALFRED
ALFRED ART WALK|September 19, 2019
SPECIAL EVENTS Harriet Bellows Open Studio 5552 East Valley Road Alfred Station, NY Directions: Coming from Alfred: Take Rt. 244 to Alfred Station, then Rt. 21 toward Andover. Take a left turn onto East Valley Road. My studio is .8 mile on the left side. Look for marker #5552. It’s an 8-10 minute drive from Alfred. Coming from Andover: Take Rt. 21 toward Alfred Station, take a right turn onto East Valley Road. My studio is .8 mile on the left side. Look for marker #5552.
Linda Huey Pottery Open Studio 1530 Randolph Road Alfred Station, NY 14803 Walk through the twig fenced garden to the sugar shed display of functional and sculptural pottery. Directions: From town, turn right o South Main Street onto Randolph Road (sign says “Lighthouse Ministries”) and go about 1 mile to the top of the hill.
2. SCHOLES LIBRARY Group Show in the Scholes Project Space Alfred University
3. ROBERT C. TURNER GALLERY September 6 – 20 Walls facing Academic Alley What Is Your Passion: Adrianna Taylor, Chloe Kottwitz, Emily Fedorchak and InterVarsity Reception: Friday, September 6th
Turner Gallery and Catwalk Rough Housing: Samuel LaPell and more Reception: Thursday, September 19th (Art Walk) 3rd flr Harder Hall
4. FOSDICK-NELSON GALLERY LAYER MASK: Ellen Bahr, Amy Brener, Melissa Brown, Whitney Hubbs, David Kennedy Cutler, Tatiana Kronberg, Michael Mahalchick, Lydia McCarthy, Stephanie McMahon, Linda Sormin, Ryan Wallace Organized by Lydia McCarthy September 13 - October 18 Layer on layer on layer. Covering up, peeling back, adding to subtract. Layer Mask brings together new work from US-based artists and includes painting, photography, sculpture and video. 3rd flr Harder Hall
TSI / Harland Snodgrass Media Gallery The TSI / Harland Snodgrass Media Gallery acknowledges the founder of video art programs at the School of Art and Design, Harland Snodgrass. Initially the program was called Time Space Interface (TSI) and it is the oldest video art program in an art school in America. The gallery features seven video displays which are all programmable. The display arrangements are a three-wide with 65" screens, a two vertical arrangement with 70" screens, a single 70" monitor and HD video projection mirror/glass wall. Video artworks made by Division of Expanded Media faculty and undergraduate students, Integrated Electronic Arts graduate students and Institute for Electronic Arts, resident artists are displayed in the gallery. 3rd flr Harder Hall, John Wood Studios Lobby Alfred University
6. Critical Cinema Every Thursday, 7-9pm September 19: What is Cinema? The Past, Present and Future of the Cinematic Medium WHAT IS CINEMA? tackles the question of its title through over 100 clips and new interviews with filmmakers such as Mike Leigh, Jonas Mekas, David Lynch, Robert Altman, Kelly Reichardt, Costa-Gavras, and Michael Moore. Featuring archival interviews from Robert Bresson, Alfred Hitchcock, Chantal Akerman, Akira Kurosawa, Abbas Kiarostami, and more. Holmes Auditorium, 3rd flr Harder Hal
7. COHEN CENTER GALLERY Won’t You be My Neighbor? Michael Bernard Stevenson Jr. and Cassandra Bull Plus +25 pairs of neighbors from the Alfred communities On view through October 4 55 N Main Street, Alfred
8. GALLERY 2 Gifts of Distinction Over 30 Local Artisans Something for Every Occasion 43 N Main Street, Alfred
9. THE TERRA COTTA COFFEEHOUSE 2nd flr: Water Colors by Sofiya Babiak, Paintings by Craig Prophet Open Mic: Every Thursday, 7-9pm 34 N Main Street, Alfred
10. THE ROSEBUSH Featuring Glass by Olivia Piazza, Ceramics by Taussen Brewer Do you get hungry on your Art Walk? Enjoy 10% off your meal 11 North Main Street, Alfred
16. BRET LLEWELLYN GALLERY Environs: Rochester Print Club an exhibition exploring our relationship with landscapes Opening Reception: September 19, 5-8pm Digital Media and Animation Engineering Technology Building 3rd floor, Room 312 Alfred State College How do I get there?